Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Scolio Pilates Professional Seminar
- Sat 27th Feb 2021, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Studio 6/5/40 Green St, Windsor VIC 3181
- Contact via Email
Scolio-Pilates® is a three-dimensional scoliosis-specific exercise program, created by Karena Thek. Scolio-Pilates® is tailored to the individual and their specific spinal curve as a proactive management plan. It is used by Dayton Children's Hospital as an important part of their scoliosis management program.
The Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida collaborated with Karena to create a spine wedge for their 6-week intensive back pain treatment program, as this system and the wedges can be applied more broadly than just for Scoliosis.
Module 1 & 2 are the pre requisites for undertaking the Practitioner Training Course.
In this course you will:
• Develop a strong knowledge base in the anatomy and exercise management of scoliosis.
• What creates a curve and convexity?
• How does rotation affect the vertebrae, ribs and other bones?
• How do we move a scoliotic spine closer to neutral before adding strengthening and breathing techniques?
• What is scoliosis? Who it affects and its effects on the body.
• Experience scoliosis! What it feels like to do Pilates with scoliosis
• Anatomy of Scoliosis
• Understanding the etiology of progression of scoliosis
• Defining the curves: 3, 4 and thoracolumbar
• Scolio-Pilates wedging and alignment techniques for finding a three-dimensional corrections
• Three-dimensional exercises for scoliosis
Module 1 - $450
Friday 26th February, 2021 - 9am – 6pm
Module 2 - $800
Saturday 27th February, 2021 – 9am – 6pm
Sunday 28th February, 2021 – 9am – 4pm
For further information contact: