Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Facing Family Violence in Faith Communities (Workshop 2)
Everyone has the right to feel safe and free from violence in their relationships.
About this Event
Workshops for Faith Leaders
In the first of two workshops, you’ll learn about the different types of family violence, the prevalence of family violence in Australia and how you, as a faith leader, can raise awareness of, respond to and work towards preventing family violence in your community. You’ll also be provided with information about how to respond when a person discloses to you that they’re experiencing family violence.
Preventing family violence in faith communities
• How systems and cultures contribute to family violence
• Respectful relationships
• Challenging values, attitudes and behaviours
• Safety considerations
• Legal and ethical considerations
• Actions in your faith community
Working with people using family violence
• Indicators of people using family violence
• Engaging with users of family violence
• Avoiding collusion
• Naming the violence
• Referring to specialist agencies
• Ongoing support for people using family violence
Workshop 1 will be held on Wednesday 24 February 2021 and Wednesday 19 May 2021