Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
This is a FREE event, NO TICKETS/REGISTRATIONS required.
Hacky Hour is a weekly drop-in session where researchers can congregate to work on their research problems related to compute, code, data, or digital tools in a social environment.
There will be knowledgeable folk from the eResearch team there who can help you with your questions.
Why should I come to Hacky Hour?
- You want someone to show you the basics in programming language such as R, Python, etc.
- You need access to high-performance computing (HPC) facilities.
- You recently attended an Intersect training course and want to get some more help using the tools.
- You need consultation on appropriate computing infrastructure for your research.
- Your honours student is pestering you to use you use version control and you want some help getting started.
- You need a quick drink while you wait for your scripts to finish running...
- Or you just want to hack away at your data-crunching scripts in some good company.