Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Career Event- Western Washington University Students & 2020 Graduates
Disaster Response Training- Students, New Graduates
About this Event
Disaster Response. Environmental Projects. Community Support. Rebuilding. Human Services. Technology. Urban & Rural Planning. Public Relations. Management.
An excellent option for those interested in business, computer science/IT, construction, carpentry, building trades, animal care, education, environmental management, emergency services, forestry, disaster response, public administration, social sciences, law enforcement, homeland security, public health, public relations, writing/journalism, counseling, human services, recreation, non-profit services, or careers with local, state or federal government and organizations.
Federal Program Benefits
• No experience or education level required; No diploma or degree required
• Gain experience while exploring career options
• Gain a competitive edge over other job applicants in private or government sectors
• Gain leadership and management experience
• Gain college credits for continuing education and workforce development (earn 6-9 credit hours)
• Gain new contacts by networking with government and community agency directors
• Gain new skills in your career field and expand your capabilities
• Gain advantages for college, trade school or apprenticeships
• Team Leader option for those with advanced skills and education
• Begin application process at age 17
• Program can be repeated
• Travel, lodging, healthcare- plus childcare allowance if applicable
• Earn bi-weekly pay plus $6,095 to pay off educational debt or pay for future educational and job training expenses
Please visit our virtual info session for program information and application assistance:
Virtual Information Session (available 24/7)