Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
CMAG Art Prize - How do you see Canberra?
- Tue 2nd Mar 2021, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- 176 London Cct, Canberra ACT 2601
- Contact via Email
The CMAG Art Prize is open to secondary students who attend schools within the Canberra region.
About this Event
The CMAG Art Prize
The CMAG Art Prize is open to secondary students who attend schools within the Canberra region. Prizes will be awarded in two categories: Year 7 to 10 and Year 11 to 12. A selection of student work submitted will be displayed in a digital exhibition at CMAG and on the CMAG website.
2021 Theme: How do you see Canberra?
Visit CMAG to view the Seeing Canberra exhibition and learn about the way local artists, through the decades, have viewed Canberra and portrayed a sense of place. Be inspired and create your own work of art. The judges are looking for original, thought-provoking digital photography and striking imagery that excels at storytelling and reveals what it is that you love about Canberra.
CMAG's Inaugural Art Prize for Secondary students: Seeing Canberra has two categories:
Year 7 – 10
Year 11 – 12
All entries are due at the end of Term 1, 2021 on Thursday 1 April 2021.
Announcement of winners
Prizes will be awarded and announced during Term 2, 2021.
Two prize categories: Year 7 – 10 and Year 11 – 12. Prizes include:
First Prize: $150
Highly Commended Award: $50
Encouragement Award: Dymocks book voucher to the value of $30
How to enter
• Entry is FREE.
You may enter up to four works. Entries can be digital or analogue photographs, colour or black and white. For analogue entries, please provide a scanned copy in jpg format.
• Please only enter works in landscape format.
• Once you have entered via Eventbrite, send a copy of your entry to the CMAG Bookings Officer at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Entries must include the title of the photograph in the email subject heading. For example: Seeing Canberra – Civic Square
• Students must include their full name, age, year, school and contact phone number in the body of the email.
Terms and conditions
• By participating in this competition, students, teachers, parents and carers understand that student work will be used for promotional purposes.
• CMAG reserves the right to display selected works only.
• Captions will include the student’s full name and school.
• Students graduating from Year 12 in 2020 are eligible.
• The work may be that produced as part of study requirements, or individually (the entry is not based upon enrolment in a photography-related subject).
Image: Ted Richards,Posties worn tyres - Melbourne building
, 1964. Silver gelatin photograph.