Community Introduction to Aboriginal Art Workshop
Join us for an introduction to traditional Aboriginal art. Create a dot painting to take home. Plus optional gallery tour.
About this Event
Community Introduction to Aboriginal Art
This 90 minute workshop held by our “Artist in Residence’ will give you an introduction to Aboriginal art including a guided tour of current artworks displayed in the gallery. You will hear about dreaming stories and find out how they tie in with today’s paintings as well as learn how to understand and interpret Aboriginal art symbols.
There is also an opportunity for you to create your own piece of art using the symbols and techniques you have learned that you can take home with you.
Art workshops include:
• Introductory talk about Aboriginal art (different art forms, materials)
• Hear about dreaming stories and find out how they tie in with today’s paintings
• Guided tour of current artworks displayed in Gallery (optional)
• Understanding and interpreting Aboriginal art symbols
• Hands-on painting by participants
• Walk to the bridge to see the aerosol art (when permitted)
Suitability: Ages 7 + . Children under 16 years of age need to be accompanied by an adult.
Cost: $15 per person (adults and children).
IMPORTANT: This is a COVID Safe event. Register here for the date that best works for you.
For more information contact the Living Kaurna Cultural Centre on 8357 5900 or email@example.com.
To bring/ wear: Water bottle and old comfortable clothing as it can get messy.
Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.